30 Records in 30 Days enters its fifteenth round. Beyond the door, agents are waiting in cinemas.
I thought long and hard about whether I should include this record in the 30 days. As I listened to the various songs, it occurred to me why I’ve been repressing it all these years. In contrast to the first two albums, „33 Tage in Ketten“ and „Monarchie und Alltag“, this album falls well short.
This was the turning point of Fehlfarben and from then on I didn’t really loved them anymore. I just liked them. In this respect, this LP is a mourning milestone, a swan song to the former musical genius of the band.
There is an nice story about Fehlfarben I would like to share. When I was at the love Island Festival in Bad Abbach in 2017, I met Tigerskin (a DJ), he is not much younger than I am. We had a great chat from the beginning and of course after a short time we dived into our musical past. During that conversation, a very magical moment arose. At the keyword Fehlfarben came – as if shot out of a pistol – “Paul ist tot” and I added “kein Freispiel drin”. I then threw a sentence from another song into the round “es liegt ein Grauschleier über der Stadt”, which Tigerskin supplemented with the following words: “den meine Mutter noch nicht weggewaschen hat”. We both still knew the lyrics by heart after so many years.
Wow, we both stood there – like little children in front of the Christmas tree – with shining eyes and dived deep into our youth after these four sentences and rejoiced in our common enthusiasm for Fehlfarben. I will never forget this moment, 2:00 in the night in Bad Abbach.
Back to “Glut und Asche”. It is not bad, but just a farewell to the old Fehlfarben.
- tante techno’s tea time – dj set april 2021 edition.
- my uncle’s house altar – dj set april 2021 edition.
- tante techno’s tea time – dj set march 2021 edition.
- my uncle’s house altar – dj set march 2021 edition.
- tante techno’s tea time – dj set february 2020 edition.
- my uncle’s house altar – dj set february 2020 edition.
- 30 records in 30 days from 2 collections from one household, day 30: The Mixdown, Part 1.
- 30 records in 30 days from 2 collections from one household, day 28: Acid House Fever.
- 30 records in 30 days from 2 collections from one household, day 28: Pasadena Roof Orchestra, Debut Album.
- 30 records in 30 days from 2 collections from one household, day 27: Herbert von Karajan, Ravel/Bolero.