Today we dive a little deeper into my music history. Not as deep as with “The Cure”, but a few years later. We are in the 90s, in the middle of the Darkwave, Electro Wave, New Wave and Post-Punk era. I have no idea how I stumbled across the formation Deine Lakaien, but from the beginning I liked the combination of the dark, yearning sound, the focus on electronic instruments and the singer’s sonorous voice.
This week’s album of the week is a live album, recorded in 1995. What I like most about this album is that, for once, there are only vocals and piano. Not electronic, only analog. For me personally very exciting interpretations of the classics released up to that time. While researching on the Internet I found out that I am the proud owner of a limited edition. Quite a long time ago. Have fun listening:
- tante techno’s tea time – dj set january 2022.
- house altar – dj set december 2021.
- tante techno’s tea time – dj set december 2021.
- The Track or Album of the Week, Number 16: Deepfunk & Guy Manzur/The Mind Palace.
- house altar – dj set october 2021.
- The Track or Album of the Week, Number 15: Joseph Capriati/The Gallery.
- The Track or Album of the Week, Number 14: Bob Marley/Babylon by Bus.
- The Track or Album of the Week, Number 13: Adam Beyer/No Defeat, No Retreat.
- tante techno’s tea time – dj set october 2021.
- Personal Branding for DJs.