In the 30 Days Challenge I introduced one of my favorite albums pretty much at the beginning: Klaus Schulze, Timewind. But there are two more LPs of the artist in my record collection: Body Love and Blackdance.
In the last weeks I thought over and over again whether I should buy one of the two as a download or as a CD again. After a long time of thinking, however, I came to the conclusion that the latter is too similar to Timewind and that there is only one real electronic firecracker on the first LP.
Instead, during my search I stumbled upon another album by the artist, which I fell in love with almost at first sight: Mirage.
On this album you can find everything that makes Klaus Schulze: sound carpets, synthesizer – chirping, now and then a few percussions. Quiet, meditative music. To relax and switch off. In addition, the tracks are extremely long; summa summarum: does not fit at all in this time, in which everything must go faster and faster and songs in Spotify are listened to only a few seconds. On the other hand, give it a try.
Here are a few tracks:
- One Track or Album per Week, Number 7: The Cure – Boys Don’t Cry.
- House Altar – Juli 2021 DJ Set.
- One Track or Album per Week, Number 6: Archie Bronson Outfit – Derdang Derdang.
- One Track or Album per Week, Number 5: Harvey McKay – Black Horse.
- One Track or Album per Week, Number 4: Russel Small/DNO P: Strawberry Letter 23 (Dr. Packer Extended Mix).
- One Track or Album per Week, Number 3: Jackie Brown, Soundtrack.
- tante techno’s tea time – dj set june 2021 edition.
- One Track or Album per Week, Number 2: Klaus Schulze, Mirage.
- A Corona-Lockdown01-Flashback DJ Set – the positive message from wirkultur
- house altar – dj set june 2021 edition.