There are many people who generally reject everything that comes from Drumcode (https://drumcode.se). The reasons are manifold: not enough underground, 08/15 techno, unimaginative. I would tend to agree with that, but there are really good exceptions to the rule, including this mini-album by Adam Beyer.
2 really great tracks. No Defeat, No Retreat is an intelligently produced, interesting track. But the smash hit is Park People. A remake of an ancient track from Liaisons Dangereuses – Los Niños Del Parque. In retrospect, you could almost say that this track was close to being techno, even though at the time (1981) the genre hadn’t even been properly invented yet. At the time, I celebrated it with enthusiasm. Adam Beyer has respectfully edited it, sped it up quite a bit (from 115 ppm to 130 ppm) and added some interesting musical add ons.
Have fun listening to the track / the album of the week:
- How to make music: iConnectivity MioXM (short review)
- The lonely sneakers
- tante techno’s tea time – dj set april 2022.
- Track/Album Highlights # 18: ABC – Absolutely.
- house altar – dj set march 2022.
- Open the Noise Stage! The end of the lockdown is near! Once again?
- tante techno’s tea time – dj set february 2022.
- Track/Album Highlights # 17: Bee Gees – Saturday Night Fever.
- house altar – dj set february 2022.
- tante techno’s tea time – dj set january 2022.