One day, the whole lockdown got on my nerves so terribly that I had to express my frustration in a drawing. On this day, I was terribly annoyed in the morning about the closed barbershops. But at least I had something in common with our chancellor that morning, no more hairstyle – just hair. Here is the result of that annoying moment:
And so Hairbert was born. He is thus a full-fledged child of the Corona Lockdown, although his name was found much later through a query in an Instagram story. At the beginning I definitely didn’t think about a series of drawings, but after the positive feedback I started to think about how to express the Corona frustration on the one hand, but on the other hand how to capture a whole issue with a single image.
Hairbert still has an interesting future, let’s see in which direction he will develop.
More about art…
- Haus der Kunst Munich, Phyllida Barlow. Is waste art?
- The Hairbert Gallery. All Hairberts in one post.
- The Hairbert Gallery. A short review of the Corona Frustration in the winter of 2021.
- Inside Hairbert – the birth of an artificial character
- A visit to the Brandhorst Museum – Pre-Corona-Flashbacks.
- Depict reality? No!
- Art is a piece of shit?
- Tante Techno eats Uncle House. The story