30 records in 30 days goes into the fifth round, with holydays on a lucky star.
Here comes my musical coming out, part 2. Yes, I like Madonna. When I started picking out the 30 records for my challenge last weekend, I knew that the artist’s debut album definitely belonged to this collection. Why? The album as a whole was a musical reminder of high school graduation for me. Besides, my best friend and I listened to it until we dropped.
So I was very surprised to find out that it was released a year after I graduated from high school. Crap, now I have been telling nonsense for more than 3 decades. I noticed this error when I tried to put the records in a chronological order last Saturday.
Since then, I’ve been desperately trying to figure out what was really my high school graduation anthem. I’ve been looking at all the charts and since then I’ve been getting on the nerves of my circle of friends with the question “can you still remember 1982 …”. Over the course of the last week, a hot candidate has emerged, Tainted Love by Soft Cell. But that track came out in 1981. Well, I guess I’ll be digging around for a while. I am grateful for any suggestions.
- tante techno’s tea time – dj set december 2021.
- The Track or Album of the Week, Number 16: Deepfunk & Guy Manzur/The Mind Palace.
- house altar – dj set october 2021.
- The Track or Album of the Week, Number 15: Joseph Capriati/The Gallery.
- The Track or Album of the Week, Number 14: Bob Marley/Babylon by Bus.
- The Track or Album of the Week, Number 13: Adam Beyer/No Defeat, No Retreat.
- tante techno’s tea time – dj set october 2021.
- Personal Branding for DJs.
- One Track or Album per Week, Number 12: Sampler/Kill all the Hippies.
- One Track or Album per Week, Number 11: Alan Fitzpatrick – Prometheus.