30 records in 30 days goes into the 25th round: Aren’t we all a bit Shango?
A friend of mine infected me with the funk virus when we were in the army together. In 1982-1984, a few limited-edition records called Funk You! were released on the Metrovynil label. The lyrics triggered red ears and stuttering at the time, but the music was the best you could get out of the funk corner.
Unfortunately, you couldn’t buy these albums at my local record store in my hometown and even in bigger towns it was insanely difficult to get them. I had a quick look last night and you can still get them, but at a sporty price (in good condition, more than 20€). I will probably buy them.
Back to Shango. Infected with the aforementioned virus, I was even more pleased that this record was available in normal record shops. The best song on the whole record is the Message. The raw power of funk packed into one song. Simply brilliant. And today‘s message is “Are You ready for the Weekend? Listen to the message! Listen to Shango!”
The Message: https://youtu.be/JpBtb0Jq-3g
- How to make music: iConnectivity MioXM (short review)
- The lonely sneakers
- tante techno’s tea time – dj set april 2022.
- Track/Album Highlights # 18: ABC – Absolutely.
- house altar – dj set march 2022.
- Open the Noise Stage! The end of the lockdown is near! Once again?
- tante techno’s tea time – dj set february 2022.
- Track/Album Highlights # 17: Bee Gees – Saturday Night Fever.
- house altar – dj set february 2022.
- tante techno’s tea time – dj set january 2022.