30 records in 30 days goes into the 23rd round: A piece of your heart can be found in every good car.
Today we will close my musical new wave era with one of the best albums from my whole collection, Hard by Gang of 4. As always, I took a quick look at Wikipedia to get an assessment of the music genre. It was quite surprising what I found about Gang of 4:
“The band played a stripped-down mix of punk rock, funk and dub, with a lyrical emphasis on the social and political ills of society. Gang of Four are widely considered one of the leading bands of the late 1970s/early 1980s post-punk movement. […] Their early 80s albums (Songs of the Free and Hard) found them softening some of their more jarring qualities, and drifting towards dance-punk and disco.”Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gang_of_Four_(band) )
As audacious as it sounds, it’s a very good description of the sound of this LP. Have fun listening to it.
Man with a good car: https://youtu.be/XvNmQGol9FM
Woman town: https://youtu.be/bR-y-I9qTUk
Is it love: https://youtu.be/xQOJ6Va03B0
- One Track or Album per Week, Number 7: The Cure – Boys Don’t Cry.
- House Altar – Juli 2021 DJ Set.
- One Track or Album per Week, Number 6: Archie Bronson Outfit – Derdang Derdang.
- One Track or Album per Week, Number 5: Harvey McKay – Black Horse.
- One Track or Album per Week, Number 4: Russel Small/DNO P: Strawberry Letter 23 (Dr. Packer Extended Mix).
- One Track or Album per Week, Number 3: Jackie Brown, Soundtrack.
- tante techno’s tea time – dj set june 2021 edition.
- One Track or Album per Week, Number 2: Klaus Schulze, Mirage.
- A Corona-Lockdown01-Flashback DJ Set – the positive message from wirkultur
- house altar – dj set june 2021 edition.