30 records in 30 days goes into its twentieth round: I’m gone for a while.
Now we come to one of the groups I celebrated not only during my student days, but right up to here and now. The Sisters of Mercy. And for once, there’s a story to go with them. I will never forget the one and only Sisters concert I went to with a friend. I’ve forgotten the location, because of course I didn’t keep the ticket.
The atmosphere was fascinating. The singer Andrew Eldritch in a black coat, the rest of the band members in black clothes on stage. In the middle of a dry ice fog. Indirectly lit from the back of the stage. That’s how I remember the whole stage set-up. Ingenious.
The fact that you could only see the four of them dimly created a very strange, unreal atmosphere. As if there were no people on stage, but ghosts or aliens. Brilliantly done. Something like that should be realised in a club.
Here are the two most popular tracks from the maxi-single:
- One Track or Album per Week, Number 10: Puccini – Madame Butterfly.
- house altar – dj set august 2021.
- One Track or Album per Week, Number 9: David Keno – Canares.
- tante techno’s tea time – dj set august 2021.
- One Track or Album per Week, Number 9: Deine Lakaien – Acoustic.
- One Track or Album per Week, Number 8: Zimmz – Sinematic.
- tante techno’s tea time – dj set july 2021.
- One Track or Album per Week, Number 7: The Cure – Boys Don’t Cry.
- House Altar – Juli 2021 DJ Set.
- One Track or Album per Week, Number 6: Archie Bronson Outfit – Derdang Derdang.